terça-feira, 29 de abril de 2008



































-


"Tung-shan was a ninth-century Chinese master. One day when he was crossing a stream he saw his own reflection in it. He at once composed the following poem:



«Do not seek the truth from others:



Further and further he will retreat from



you.



Alone I go,



And I come across him wherever



I look.



He his no other than myself,



And yet I am not he.



When this is understood,



I am face to face with suchness (Tathata)»






Anne Bancroft, Zen, Thames and Hudson, p.75.
Nota: "Tathata" é um termo budista que quer dizer: «Naturalidade». Qualidade do que é da natureza de Buda: «Budeidade».

Imagem que figura no livro de Bancroft:: Tung-shan Crossing the stream, painting by Ma Yüan, China, 13th c. National Museum, Tokyo.


Sem comentários: