terça-feira, 12 de agosto de 2008

"(...)

Descartes said, 'I think, therefore I am.' But if I am not thinking, then what? Before thinking, there is no you or I, no form or emptiness, no right or wrong. So even 'no form, no emptiness' is wrong. In true emptiness , before thinking, you only keep a clear mind. All things are just as they are. 'Form is form, emptiness is emptiness.'

I'm afraid I still don't really understand.

If you want to understand, already is a mistake. Only go straight ahead and keep don't-know mind. Then you will understand everything.

trad. "Se queres compreender, realmente isso é um erro. Segue simplesmente sempre adiante e mantém o não-saber mental. Assim compreenderás tudo o mais."

(...)

A conversation with Master Seung Sahn

In: Anne Bancroft, Zen, p.66.

Sem comentários: